Times they are a changing…

I have been watching the Ashes 09 for a few days now. Just got driven by the intensity and spirit of the performances. There were some awesome performances worth appreciating. But here I am not going to discuss them. As a matter of fact I was awestruck by the intensity of the game, commitment by players and the game of Test cricket. I am talking about the longer version of the game. The spirited performance exhibited by players on field for the pride and an urn of ashes was a treat to watch. The beautiful swing bowling and the gutsy game by talismanic English-Flintoff was a classic.
These days the T20 cricket has eroded the popularity of the Test match cricket but for the true lover of the game the longer version is the real thing.
T20 is faster, sleeker & more glamorous but it is not the Test match cricket –which is dying a slow death. Test match cricket is classical in nature and these days that form is losing ground everywhere; not only in cricket, everywhere.
It was raining these days; I feel people have forgotten the joy of being drenched in rain. Rather they are scared to venture out or fear the rains (don’t know why). For me, one of my favorite moments lately has been to bike on a rainy day, on a rain drenched road. Even, watching the rain is fun for me (of course when I have time!).
Things natural and simple are losing sheen. Life is very fast, but I feel we must cherish things buried deep somewhere in our heart.

Comments

Popular Posts